Sunday 25 May 2014

Bellabox May 2014 'come fly with me'

One of my favourite times of the month is the day Bellabox arrives.  I love getting little presents in the mail & each month is equally exciting.

For those that don't know: Bellabox is a $15 'beauty discovery' subscription box delivered monthly. It is available to Australian residents.

My ritual as it seems: it arrives on a Friday & I wait ALL weekend to collect it first thing Monday... ahh the suspense. I then stare at it longingly on my passenger seat as I crawl through traffic. When I get to the office I lay my hands on the first sharp object I can and crack that baby open. Needless to say this month went along those exact lines. 



This Month saw Bellabox collab with JETSTAR, as you can see above the box had a Jetsar cover sleeve  & the card looked like a boarding pass. Bellabox also ran a comp to win Jetstar vouchers (hope I win). It really got me thinking about the next vacay. 

I must say the themes Bellabox do are fun, jovial & add a 'we've got out shit together' kinda vibe that a lot of the other subby companies don't have going on. The boxes make sense and as an example these are the types of products that would be used /taken on a trip.



Do you want to know whats inside??? 

1. Appelles body bar- Aussie- full size
2. Chapstick lip balm- Essential- full size
3. Timeless Truth Face Mask- Essential- full size
4. Wen by Chaz Dean Cleansing conditioner- Green- 60 ml sample
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow gel- colour- 2.5ml mini
6. Invisible Zinc Daywear SPF30+ light- Bonus- 5ml sample

More info please??? 

Appelles body bar- Aussie- so this smells ahhhhmazing! You had me at Rosemary & lemon Myrtle - I'm a nanna like that. The BF also likes a luxury soap so we are both going to enjoy having this little luxury in the shower. 

Timeless Truth Face Mask- Essential- as usual I love a mask! This claims to brighten, smooth, firm & hydrate. Yes please. As with the theme, this'd be good on or just off a flight. 


Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow gel- colour- brows are having a moment! I was pretty happy to get this clear brow gel. Basically you swipe this through your brows and it helps keep them sculptured and shaped in place. It also helps seal any colour you have put on underneath. 

Chapstick lip balm- Essential- Old faithful, basic Chapstick- you can't go wrong. This one has an SPF 15- good for everyday protection. I'm going to give this to my Chap as he needs one for being on the road with work. Beauty products for everyone! 


Wen by Chaz Dean Cleansing conditioner- Green- This is interesting! Its a 'cleansing' conditioner. You don't shampoo first which seems baffling. It just says to rinse your hair and then use this. Not sure... it seems like a nod to 'reverse conditioning' but theres no washing step.. I need to try in order to decide. Sweet Almond Mint seems appealing. There's an offer card for if you like the product which is always a nice touch.
I wonder if Cleansing Conditioner is a fancy way of saying 2 in 1? 

Invisible Zinc Daywear SPF30+ light- Bonus- eh- I really don't rate sunscreen. Don't get me wrong. I completely believe in SPF. My day cream has SPF and so does my BB cream- theres just no room in my routine for a snscreen layer too. I'll save this for a vacation but its not something I'll ever buy. 



High-light: Brow gel & Appelles Soap
Low-light: Invisible Zinc

Bellabox cost: $14.95. Actual received value $37.80
So all in all I thought this box was a bit light in value and content compared to other past boxes. I still am happy with it & enjoyed that my partner can enjoy some of this months products too. 

What was in your box? What do you think about this box or the products inside?  What other themes would you like to see?

Feel free to comment below! 

If you want to subscribe to Bellabox or want more info click HERE 

For last months Bellabox review click HERE and HERE or HERE


Please note I subscribe on my own accord, this is not a sponsored blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment