Monday 12 May 2014

Her fitness box March 2014


So... I'm quite aware it is MAY not March- but after much delays and a series of unfortunate drama I have a box at last! Due mid March my package arrived on 9th May. 

Reasons for March delay:
-Her Fashion/fitness moved office (give 'em a break- imagine moving your workplace) 
-The tote was delayed (when suppliers let you down it sucks) 

There was a bit of hoopla because hfb took too long to inform subscribers and there was mixed information released about what was happening- at one point they said the bags were ready to go, then 2 weeks later the story was the bags were delays- oops hfb. This fauxpa made them look like pants on fire.

An email was sent appologising for delays- however I did not receive this. 

It got to May, I saw others on social media had received their packages and nothing came so I decided to get intouch with HFB. Let me just say they were really appologetic, prompt and helpful- big kudos to them for that.  
Unfortunately somehow my details didn't transfer to their new system and therefore my order got missed (I purchased a 3mth subscription rather than a recurring one).
They informed me that one sample was out of stock and it would be replaced with an extra tea sachet and a strainer- no worries. 
They let me know when it was packed up and sent me a tracker. After a few days nothing came and I tracked the parcel- it was delivered to somewhere is QLD! Again hfb were really appologetic and a new parcel was shipped- FINALLY IT MADE IT! 

So that's the series of unfortunate events- really not anyone's fault- just a bit disappointing as a customer and frustrating for them as business. On a plus the April (also super late now) will arrive before we know it. 

Alrighty- now you've got the lowdown on why is March in May- let's look at the contents 

Her Fitness Box March 2014

This months box is a bag- I find these canvas totes ever handy- I'm always running out the door, they're perfect for the old scoop, toss and go. And green. They say rrrp $20- hmmm not sure about that but it is thicker caleco than last time. 



The cards: 



The fitness accessories are: 


 - sweat towel ($15) this is pretty cheap rubbish, it's really thin and poorly finished around the edges. I have a same size but thicker microfiber cotton-on towel that came with a drink bottle that was rrrp $14.95 for both. 
The difference:

- shaker ($15) again not great, my shaker lid has a warpped little bit in the flip lid so it doesn't seal properly- leaks when you shake it. Again the value is an outright fib. You can get a Bsc 'body' shaker with a sachet of protien powder in it for $4.99 at Priceline and...it's pink. I could buy three shakers/ three meals for said $15. 

This is them...what would you rather? 


And the rest of the contents: 




- Muesli for me I look forward to trying this, it's a good concept a bit of a design your own muesli type deal. I will let you know what it's like in the comments section 

- 2x detox tea samples I love tea, perfect for settling the tum- this will make a delightful post dinner bevy. I will let you know what it's like in the comments section. 

- Slim fit & fab bar last months bar was delicious- this has big shoes to fill the flavor sounds tasty. Its a peabt choc combo...NOM, I will let you know what it's like in the comments section. 

- exfoliating mitts not really fitness related but always handy for sloughing away dry winter skin

- white glo toothpaste mini perfect size for the gym bag

- foot file again not really much to do with fitness but good for banishing dry cracked heels  

There was supposed to be Caltrate samples it they ran out hence I got 2x tea sachets. To be honest I couldn't give a crap about Caltrate tablets so I'd rather the extra tea in the end. 

And... 
Hfb added a 'sorry about everything that's happened' gift for me which was super nice of them...along with a handwritten note which was appreciated. 

-A yoga mat
- sugar scrub 




As I said, I appreciated the gesture to make things right. I've seen this scrub and looks pretty good. And the Yoga Matt will be handy.

Overall (to be fair- sans the bonus sorry stuff), the monthly box was ok- not great. I'd be keen to hear what other subscribers think? 

The main Neg: I REALLY object to claims that the items are worth more than they are. This is my 2nd HFB, see my 1st click here. Neither have been amazing. This one feels really chucked together. 

For $39 per month the fitness bag/ box isn't really doing it for me. It's not fitsprational, it doesn't get me pumped to hit the gym and the collection of products don't really make sense. I'd love to see this great concept become much better in execution- the potential is there. 

Would I recommend to a friend: in a word no.


I'd love to hear your thoughts. 
What Themes would you like to see HFB do?! Pick a theme and tell me 3 things you'd put in to make it work. 

Comment below & don't forget to subscribe

2 comments:

  1. I'd love an outdoors theme for one box maybe
    1) invisible zinc, to be sun safe
    2) an electrolyte drink/powder
    3) a wrist pocket.
    Love kitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea!
      how about:
      a yoga box
      a resistance elastic, a yoga block, firming body lotion, a travel candle, a yoga matt carrier bag and a card with yoga moves.

      Delete