Monday 29 September 2014

Bellabox September 2014 beauty wardrobe

This month's Bellabox is Beauty Wardrobe in conjunction with Gritty Pretty (blogger). It really has a bit of everything for hair, face, nails, tan, makeup- they seemingly achieved the 'wardrobe' theme they were going for. 
The normal blue box was missing causing a 'wardrobe malfunction' cute Pun bellabox. 

First impression: 

(it's such a nice day, I'm posting from the balcony- like my succulents?) 
The Contents: 

Closer:

The card: 

1. Sleek makeup eye dust-(full size) this is really pigmented! Having dark circles I avoid green shades so I prob won't use this- if anyone got the gold and wants to swap? Comment below! The texture and quality of this is pretty good! It's hyper pigmented and really pearlescent. Hard to believe it's by the same company who sent out last months scabby liner! Being full size this already bumps the box into great value territory. See swatches.


2. Salon tan professional face lotion- (full size) this product is designed to be skincare and tan in one- I'm super happy to see it's a little green based meaning it will be neutral not orange. I enjoy a summer tan but do find it tricky to strike a balance on the face, looking forward to trying this out. This is valued at $19.95- this product alone pays for the box! See swatches.


3. Klorane quinine & vitamin b shampoo- it smells a little masculine and is targeted at stimulating hair follicles- seems a little rogaine to me... I Am willing to try it out though as Klorane do a fabulous dry shampoo. 

4. Bioderma sensibio mask- I really enjoy Bioderma products so I will try this out BUT I really am going to question Bellabox profiles here as this is the 2nd month in a row where I have received sensitive skincare and I do not have sensitive skin. I've been a subscriber for a year now and this is the 3rd sensitive skin mask I've received. I will use this it's just tricky to actually find a time when I NEED to use it. Please bellabox- use our profiles!! 

5. Gelogic nail enamel- (full size) black has become a classic shade in the nail polish wardrobe so I'm quite happy with this polish- while I do have a uv light, this gel polish doesn't need one to set making it uber convienient. Claiming to be long wearing and chip resistant- yes please. First coat I was worried as it looked sheer and patchy, second coat it looked perfectly fine. See swatches. 

Bonus: 
Garnier blur- a bit like benefit porefessional or clinique pore minimiser. 

Revlon colour stay foundation- always nice to try a different formula. 

Swatches: 
 So that's everything- all in all a decent box! I thought Sept was Bellaboxes birthday month but no mention of such was made... 

Top picks- 
Highlight: gelogic nail polish 
Lowlight: foundation sachet 











No comments:

Post a Comment